Let's assume there are 3 groups.
- In the Google Drive Classroom folder, create 3 blank slide presentations.
- Name the presentations Group 1, Group 2, and Group 3.
- Share the group 1 presentation with the students in group 1, giving them edit rights. Do the same for groups 2 & 3.
- Since the presentations are shared with only the group members, other students cannot edit it.
- To create the assignment in Classroom you will actually create 3 assignments, one for each group. Title them group 1, group 2, group 3.
- Insert the correct presentation for each group's assignment, once again giving them edit rights. You do not need to make one available for each student, as they will be working on the shared presentation.
- Tell students which group they are in. Students must open the assignment for THEIR group in order to access their slideshow. If they open some other group's assignment, they will not be able to edit the slideshow.
- I don't worry about using the "done" and "not done" or the grading feature with group assignments.